Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blue Moon







I'm back knitting socks again, working on the last half of the sock book, so there isn't much spinning time. But I managed to finish the greeny/blue Corriedale that I dyed a couple of weeks ago. The skein is 3.1 ozs, 204 yds, 2-ply, the same fingering/sport weight as the rest of the yarns (with a couple of thinner spots- I wasn't as consistent with this roving as with some of them). It came out a really lovely dark teal with green highlights, and it looks great with the lighter blue.

Here is a new shot of the Sweater Railing 'O Yarn with all of the colors- there is some white yarn at the far right, but I couldn't get it in the pic. I'm not sure I'll be using white or gray anyway. I have a good range of tones (maybe another yellow?) and only have to spin up another 8ozs or so of the Chocolate Romney because that's my base color. I still have no idea what sort of design I want to use- traditional or non. I just know it'll be a stranded cardigan.

1 comment:

Bunny Queen said...

Must not drool on keyboard... must not drool on keyboard. :) Those colors are beautiful! I so look forward to getting my spinning consistent enough to use for something where gauge matters. Can't wait to see the sweater.