Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Tab- Abbott Playroom Paper Dolls Boxed Set- Four Playmates





























This is another book from Abbott's 1944 Playroom Paper Dolls and Cut-Outs boxed set. I have the entire set- the box is in tough shape, but the 5 uncut books are pristine.





This is #526-2 Four Playmates. It's drawn in an entirely different style than Susie and Betty, which was an earlier Thursday Tab. I like this baby set- it's simple but adorable.
Here's Susie and Betty:
Click on images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs. Print from any graphics program, clothes on plain paper, covers on card stock.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Kathleen, I found magnetic paper which I am going to try some of your dolls on: fridge dollies :-)

I also found your book - in my local public library in a small town in New Zealand!! How cool is that :-)

Kathleen Taylor said...

donna- I think these would work very well as magnetic paper dolls. I've made (and designed/drawn) lots of magnetic sheet dolls. The only caution I have is to position the dolls one way (horizontally, for example) on the sheet, and the clothes the other way (vertically), otherwise the magnetic poles won't cooperate, and the clothes won't stay on the dolls properly.

Cool that you found my book in the library in New Zealand! That's exciting!