Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sweater Yarn




I pawed through the roving/wool stash and found only one hunk of blue for the future sweater- a little bag (maybe 4 ozs) of navy merino superwash mill end roving (probably Brown Sheep). I'm not very drawn to blue, I guess. But I have a lot of white roving (lots of breeds: Romney, Icelandic, Targhee, Columbia, and several bags of mystery roving- I really need a better system of labeling) and I have plenty of dye left from Yarns to Dye For, so I can come up with blue if I want to.


Added to the Sweater Railing this morning: 3 skeins of Chocolate Romney, total 7.7 ozs, 364 yards; and 1.8 ozs, 77 yds of purple variagated Romney.


I am pretty sure that I have enough colors to knit a sweater already, though I do want some blue for the mix, and I will probably have to spin up at least another 8 oz bump of chocolate romney (if not 2). I also have lots of odds and ends of colors already wound into balls that I could use for this sweater too. Since none of these colors are replaceable (except for the chocolate, silver, and white), I will probably have to work on the body and both sleeves at the same time so that they all match as I work my way up.


It's a good thing that I don't know what the pattern will be yet, because I'd want to cast on today. What I have to cast on today is another sock for the book. Luckily, it's a *fun* sock, and I am excited to see how it comes out.

No comments: