Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Excerpt of The Given Day


Once upon a time, Dennis Lehane and I shared an editor (he was just on the cusp of real fame, and I started low and was already sliding down the fiction food chain). I don't know if Harper Collins still keeps track of my stuff, or if Dennis's in-house publicist is just doing a great job, but either way, they asked if I would post a link to an excerpt of Dennis's latest book, The Given Day.


I am more than happy to do so- I am savoring the book, reading it in small bursts. It is wonderful. Read this bit and see if you don't agree:


4 comments:

joannamauselina said...

Happy Birthday to you!
happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to youuuuu!
Happy Birthday to you!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday Dear #1!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!


And Many More!!!

#4

LizzieK8 said...

Thanks for the link to the book. I enjoyed two of them in movie form, and look forward to "meeting" this author. It's on my GoodReads list!