Thursday, July 15, 2010

My new goal in life...

... is to be one of those special passengers who gets to walk on the blue priority boarding carpet. I'm sure it confers super powers, or something similar, otherwise they wouldn't make such a big deal about those who can set foot on the magical cloth, and those who can't...

Anyway, we're home, after driving past the Space Needle again,
and getting this fantastic view of Mt. Rainier from inside Seatac. Our flights were uneventful, though we were held on the tarmac at MSP for an hour because of a logjam at the gates (due to bad weather in MN and surrounding areas earlier in the day). By the time we got off the plane, it was boarding time for our connecting flight, and of course we were all the way across the airport, and the tram was running in the wrong direction. So we sprinted (never have I been so glad for those morning jogs- got me in shape for airports) to our gate, only to find that our flight was delayed by an hour. On the upside, we got to fly to ABR in a nearly  new, small jet, which made it the quietest, smoothest, fastest flight ever. We arrived there only 10 minutes past our scheduled arrival, and got home just past midnight.

We had a most wonderful visit- for visual evidence of the reunion fun, check the Snohomish link to the right. You'll have to take my word for the family fun- lots of love and laughter with my sisters and cousins (whom I reckon by the dozens), but not many pictures. I'm home now, for 6 weeks (I don't have as many scheduled trips this year as last, but from September until the end of October, it'll be busy), so I'd best get to work.
Before I go, here are the process shots of the robots from Spoonflower. They were great fun to color and assemble:



I may get out the sewing machine and assemble the Spoonflower aprons today, though first, I have about 200 pages left of the Stephen King doorstop to finish.

2 comments:

Alan Beechey said...

You're not even allowed to LOOK at the carpet. You didn't look, did you? Tell me you didn't look.

Kathleen Taylor said...

so that's why I have double vision today...