Friday, July 16, 2010

Spoonflower, Part The Many

The Spoonflower obsession has not ended- my ABC cheater quilt design (the one I entered in the recent contest) arrived yesterday. I am as tickled with these things as I am with any of my books- the whole notion of designing fabrics is enchanting.

The quilt yard turned out exactly as I'd hoped except that the green background squares are a bit more pale then I wanted- not too pale, just more than I thought they would be (this is one of the reasons that they insist that you order samples before offering designs for sale- colors don't always show up the same as they do on a monitor). The yellow border fabric (also a yard) is great, and the little sample swatches of the blue, green, and pink are fine (I forgot to get a sample of the peach background fabric- I'll do that with my next order) (of course there will be a  *next* order, did you ever doubt it?). I can't wait to quilt this.
This fabric shrinks 3%, so I am washing and drying it right now (along with the Dolly 'n Me apron yard, and the backing fabrics). I may sew this afternoon, or I may not. My Grandgirls will probably come over and we'll more than likely spend time in the pool. Sewing can wait- laughing children can't.

1 comment:

annie said...

Hey Kathy - Check out this article that was in our local paper. I though of you right away. #1 - That you'd want to go, and #2, that you'd want to enter the fashion show!

American Girl fashion show this weekend in Madison
MADISON, Wis. - A Madison museum is hosting an American Girl fashion show this weekend.
Madison Children's Museum will host the three-day event starting today at the Madison Marriott West, where child models will wear clothes that match the dolls.
The clothes will include what popular American Girl historical characters might have worn, contemporary ``Just like You'' outfits and ``Bitty Baby'' fashions.
Proceeds will benefit the museum, which moved from its State Street location and will reopen on Capitol Square Aug. 14.
Also, on Saturday the museum expects people from all over the nation to attend its annual sale of American Girl overstock and returned items.
The American Girl doll company, created in 1986, is a subsidiary of Mattel Inc., and targets girls ages 9 to 12. It's based in Middleton, Wis.