Tuesday, March 29, 2011

...in which there is actual knitting content

Whoa... actual yarn and needles and a completed project... Whoda thunk?

 I finished the Helix Scarf (pattern in the latest issue of Spin-Off). I got plenty of practice in purling back backwards, which was the reason I knitted the scarf in the first place.
 I used handspun yarn (Finn, dyed by Yummy Yarns, under 3 ozs). It's pretty, and it's definitely ruffly. I doubt I'll ever wear it, though, so off to the Big Tub 'O Knitted Things it goes.
 I am almost done with the Opal Dumbledore socks. I still don't see Dumbledore anywhere in this colorway, but it sure is pretty.
I bought this yarn at Great Yarns in Everett. I see mitered squares in the future.
 
 And here's a closeup of the wonderful yarn that Tina (in Snohomish) gave to me. It's her own handspun, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's BFL, and there might actually be enough for a pair of socks (for me, me me!).
 I've been doing a bit of reading too. I'm still on a Connie Willis Re-read Streak- Passage is unsettling and wonderful, like all of her books.
 Next up, more rereads. This one is unsettling, and wonderful, and also quite funny. It's loosely based on Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), which is also laugh out loud funny, though the Willis book has more time travel.
Oh yeah, and we got more snow last night. sigh.

No comments: