Saturday, March 12, 2011

Before the Class

I'm  teaching the Little Tips and Tricks class at Great Yarns in Everett, WA today (there are still a couple of slots open, if you're in the area and tempted to join us). Fontelle is hosting a wine and cheese reception following the class, which is a first for me. I'll take lots of pics.

In the meantime, I've had a lovely, low-key visit in Snohomish. It has rained every day (though my friend Kris says that these are *showers* or *drizzle*, not actual rain, in the local vernacular. That's okay, their *strong winds* are barely a breeze back where I live...)

I made scones this morning, from this recipe- variations: raisins instead of dried cranberries, orange zest in the dough; and the glaze made with freshly squeezed orange juice. They're even better than they look.

Oh, and take a peek at the lower right of the page, at the hit counter. WOW! Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Melissa ~ twoknitwit said...

Thanks for a great class, Kathi! I will use every tip you shared except for the one that involves a Sharpie ~ my type A personality just won't allow it! Glad you took the time to share your tricks with us!
Melissa