Sunday, March 13, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

The Little Tips andTricks class at Great Yarns yesterday was wonderful- as always, I was blessed with Genius Students.
Even more fun, Fontelle shared wine and fruit afterwards. I bought a couple of balls of lovely yarn (I get to do that at appearances), but it's already boxed up to mail home. I'll take a pic there.

Kristy, who is on the left, drove over for the class. I've known Kristy since at least the 5th grade (or maybe even earlier. She looks almost exactly the same as she did back then (dratted woman).

See? Here we are in the 5th grade, still standing next to each other. I have changed a bit more than Kristy has...

On the right is Kris, my best friend since the 7th grade. Kris does not knit, but she loves and wears everything that I knit for her, which is almost as good.

I have not taken many scenery pictures since I've been in Washington, mainly because it has rained every single day. Every day. Rain. Every day. Sometimes it's just a drizzle, sometimes the sun almost comes out, but within 15 minutes, it rains again. I grew up here, and I remember this stuff, but it's been a long time since I was in it. I am not so sorry to go back to the snow, lemee tellya. But the moss on the trees is cool.
And despite the rain, and lack of sunshine, spring is coming to the Pacific Northwest. Observe the first rhododendron bloom

Staying inside hasn't been horrible. We had mimosas for breakfast, and Jane (another BFF from long long ago) made chocolate Guinness cupcakes using this very limited edition beer from Deschutes Brewery. The cupcakes had cream cheese and Bailey's Irish Cream frosting, which is even better than it sounds.

And we've been playing with needlefelting. Lots of half-moon Santas...

And a new addition to the needlefelting cast of characters: Eskimo Gramma. I think she's pretty cute.

I head home tomorrow- all day on airplanes and in airports. It's been a wonderful, wonderful visit, but I'm ready to get home and get back to work. See all y'all on the flip.

3 comments:

Melissa ~ twoknitwit said...

Kathi - I think we were blogging about each other at the same time! Thanks for a great class! If you teach a fair isle class next time around, I'm all in!
Melissa
here's my blog post link if you care to read about yourself ;)
http://calendarscarfkal20092010.blogspot.com/2011/03/tips-and-tricks.html

Anonymous said...

Wow - it sounds like you are having a great trip. It's beautiful today in SD. That is if you don't mind a slushy muddy mess. I've even got my windows open.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Melissa- it was great meeting you!
Missy- yeah, the mud is a mess, but it's sure nice to run outside again.