Friday, October 26, 2012

SAFF 2012 Day 1

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day- warmer than predicted, with a nice breeze and fluffy clouds. I taught a single all-day steeking class today, and it went very well. Since it was a small class, we finished early and I even had some time to wander the booths and sales areas, which were, as always, a sensory overload.
 The leaves are past peak, but still beautiful.
 So pretty.
 Yep, even more beauty.
 They're not kidding...
 And no dogs, neither!
 This fellow was playing a steel drum- the music was ethereal. It reminded me a lot of the background music from Twin Peaks.
Lise and Michelle both successfully cut their first steeks today! Michelle had just about every disaster a steeker could have, owing to the fact that I didn't specify to use wool yarn, and she knitted her sample with cotton, which is notoriously slippery. But you know what? Michelle did a fantastic job, she met every challenge with a smile and determination, and when she cuts wool yarn, it's going to be a piece of cake.

Tomorrow, I teach two classes, both are full (or nearly so). I'm already looking forward to the festivities. I don't know if we're far enough inland for Sandy to have no effect, but it'll be interesting to find out.

No comments: