Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday Tab- Whitman The Ginghams at Home and School

Okay, I have to admit this: I find the Ginghams almost unbearably cute. I'm not being snarky, I think they're totally adorable. There's just something about all those checks and flowers and curly tendrils that pleases me.

I have another confession: I'm not sure where these scans came from. I don't know if I made them (they seem to be named the way I named my paper doll files), but they may also have come from someone else. If you recognize these scans, let me know.

This is a big set, published, if I can make out the teeny Roman Numerals, in '82 or '83. I'm going to divide it into two parts- the dolls, covers and two foldouts this week; the clothes and more furniture and backdrops to be uploaded next week.

There are the usual four girls, plus a teacher, who, as far as I can tell, wears her *other* dress by sticking the tabs through slots in the full page (she's not cut or punched out).

I have a bunch of Ginghams sets scanned. If I can figure out where I got them, I'll post them eventually.

















3 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Wow, furniture, too!!! this must have been so much fun to play with. I feel for the teacher though, perpetually teaching...

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet!

Quillingmama said...

I think there may have been a couple of sets that were made a few years earlier as well! I had an leukemia attack around 1980 and I remember playing with dolls like this on the hospital table they would pull across the bed. I remember a spring and summer set though.