Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birdy Progress

Birdland? Blue Bird of Happiness? The Birds?


Whatever the name, I'm making progress. This is going to be such a colorful sweater. You'll see me coming from a half-mile off. The latest border actually has a dark green background, not charcoal as it looks in the photo. I found a larger circular for the sleeves, so the knitting isn't so cramped.

Side note- I'm using an old set of interchangeable needles on the sleeves. I have never been happy with interchangeables- the needles always came unscrewed, and at the worst possible times. I could never figure out how to use that little tool to tighten the tips- I thought it was inserted in and up and something clicked or a switch was pushed. Or something. Yesterday, I You Tubed the process. Boy, do I ever feel stupid.

Tonight, for the first time this season, I can watch AI and not feel guilty about not knitting (can't knit and take notes at the same time). Such freedom!

P.S. It worked. So far.

3 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

For the birds? Except that this design clearly isn't ;^) Love the latest band!!

Anonymous said...

Been reading your blog for along time, first time I ever left a comment. I love your blog, love your reviews of AI, the doll clothes you make. Has anyone suggested Birds of a Feather?
Donna

Mary Wilson said...

I'd want to call it the Hitchcock sweater if it was mine.