Monday, August 16, 2010

FO, and then some

I finished the August Sockalong Socks
I love how they came out- thick and warm and cushy

With just enough texture to highlight the color variations in the yarn, and to hide the thick 'n thin nature, plus it kept the knitting interesting, but not so much that I couldn't work on them in the car, or while watching Grandgirls splash in the pool.
And since I had more of the same yarn, and a big ball wound

I continued on with it. You can't tell from this picture, but these mittens have the same waffle texture as the socks. I used Size 8 needles for the mittens (as opposed to the size 5's on the socks), and only 36 sts, which made for a very quick knit.

I really do love how the colors came out (and I'm thrilled that the sock striping lined up sorta). Since there is still more yarn left, I'm working on a matching hat. All in the name of stashbusting, dontchaknow- make the yarn, use the yarn, fill up the Christmas Gift Tub (though the socks are mine, all mine).

3 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

socks and mittens, two things very much on my mind at the moment - these both came out beautifully!

joannamauselina said...

Very cute! Lovely colors.

Anonymous said...

Shiny!