Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yee Haw!

Look what arrived yesterday:
The replicated fabrics I designed through Spoonflower, in order to repair the Horsie quilt that I bought at Lorah's auction!

I altered several of the files before ordering full yard pieces- all of the above were reduced (some drastically) from the sample swatch size. I did try to *dirty* up the horse pattern but that didn't work so well. I'll have to stain the fabric manually.

The new print is just a tad bigger than the original, but still a good enough match.

This one is closer to the proper size, though still a bit large.

In case you're adding up a mental total- that's $7.50 for the quilt, $5 @ for 5 sample swatches, and $16.50 @ for 1 yard each of the 5 fabrics...I'm thinking of it in the nature of an experiment, not a cost effective way to deal with an auction bargain...
I won't get to any of the repair work until we get back from SoCal, but I'm looking forward to tackling this project.


joannamauselina said...

Tea works really well for making things be not white. My sitting room is sort of daguerreotype colors, and my daughter made me a WHITE antimacassar. I put it on my couch to be polite, but I couldn't stand it. Finally I made a big pan of weak tea and dipped it in, hoping that it wasn't ruined and that she wouldn't notice. It came out great - just a little off-white. She didn't notice,and now it doesn't scream at me every time I come into the room.

Mary Keenan said...

I do so love living vicariously through your Spoonflower fun :^)