Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hatapalooza

Hatpocalypse?
Hatzilla?

Whatever you call it, those worsted weight, Size 8 hats are falling off the needles at a pretty fair pace.


This is that Noro stuff with angora in it. Amazingly soft, and it's halo-ing even as I type. I knitted myself a sweater with this. I always forget to wear it. I need to dig it out.
 These two hats are from Noro Kureyon- both from the same dye lot, which shows you how impossible it is to match Noro... This shot was taken before washing and blocking. The hats look much neater now. The yarn was left over from a felted bag that I did for I Heart Felt. I still have 2 full skeins.

 This one used bits and pieces of Boku and Noro.
 Same hat- the sides look very different from each other.
And when I'm not knitting, I'm sighing. It's 27 degrees out (above zero), and there is no wind, so it could be worse. But really, we don't  need any  more snow.

6 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

your tub of knitted things must be filling up fast! and with such yummy things, too. Are you down to 50% stash levels yet?

Kathleen Taylor said...

I'm starting to see a difference in the yarn levels, finally. I have been able to condense and get rid of a few empty boxes, so I am getting results.

Diana Troldahl said...

Here in Michigan we have a smaller amount of snow, but I echo your feelings. I seem to want to knit mittens this month. Hats sound like a really good idea too!
What will you so with the hats?

Kathleen Taylor said...

Diana, the hats are going into my Big Tub 'O Knitted Things. It's a sort of repository for assorted knitted items that I make as the spirit moves me, and then I can just sort through them at Christmas, or whenever I need a gift. I work on filling it throughout the year, so when the holidays come, I don't have a long list to finish.

Diana Troldahl said...

That a great idea! I do the same thing with knitted and crocheted samples used for patterns I write but only a few lasted until the holidays last year.
I want to make something soothing and relaxing between 'for sale' pattern writing this year.
Hats may be just the ticket! Or I have some new babies in my life (godson, soon-to-be-born goddaughter, a grand niece and a grand nephew) and baby stuff is fun to make, too :-}

Anonymous said...

I love your knitting and keeping a stash for gifts idea. Why didn't I think of that? I was always trying to think of specific people and items, now I am just going to grab that yarn and make some pretty things and we will see who gets them! By the way, I kept thinking you look like someone and it is Anne Bancroft. A compliment to both of you. (Hope I haven't said that before..I do that occasionally.)