Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Papertoy Monsters

When I saw this trailer


for Papertoy Monsters, I knew immediately that I had to buy the book for my Grands. In fact, I ordered two copies: one for the SD branch, and one for the SoCal contingent. I ordered the books from an old friend, who just happens to own Mysterious Galaxy, in San Diego. My copy arrived yesterday, and boy oh boy, am I glad I ordered it. It's a huge, heavy book, with 50 die-cut, assemble-your-own monsters, that are as amusing as they are clever and inventive.

Not only are the monsters beautifully drawn, they each have a backstory.

And as an added bonus, there are 10 blank monster die-cuts in the back of the book, so the kids can decorate their own monsters. I suspect the youngest of the bunch will need some help with both punching and assembling, but they're all (ages 6-11) going to love these. Gramma too.

I can't wait to put that theory to the test next week- and I'll post pics.

1 comment:

Hardings in Providence said...

Wow! This looks like a great book. I am excited to see your pics. I love this kind of thing. I might order one too!
Lorie