Friday, October 29, 2010

Look what came while I was in North Carolina

My copy of 101 Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders!

Like all of the books in the series, this edition is chock full of wonderful patterns and designs, all using a single skein of yarn- in this case, sock yarn. Of course, I jumped at the chance to contribute these:

I used Twisted Fiber Arts yarn, in Playful (the wonderful heavy fingering weight superwash), dyed in the Scorched colorway. I don't think Scorched is on the roster at the moment, but any of the wonderful Twisted self-striping colorways would knit up to the same effect.
I have recently been reminded that winter is on the way- so I'm glad these gloves are back with me, because they're mine! All mine!

5 comments:

Fríða said...

looks like a really lovely book with lots of inspirationa and interesting patterns, congratulations with your contribution to it. oh and I have to add, I am constantly amazed at your energy and activity level. I just feel old and tired most of the time, and I think I´m even younger than you are!
best wishes from Iceland
Frida

Mariah said...

I think I need that book. I inspected the sock stash and it's getting a bit out of control for my comfort level.

Mary Keenan said...

I'm with Mariah ;^) I love those gloves so much!

joannamauselina said...

Congratulations! it is lovely. I'm looking forward to owning it. Love the gloves. They will be the first thing I make from it.

maxine said...

Kathleen, those are just lovely and inspire me to try some gloves, because I certainly have a surplus of sock yarn that will never be socks!