Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We now enter Crazy Time

My big box of handouts, supplies, instructions and samples for SAFF is ready to mail. I'll get it on its way this morning, and it should be at the McGough Arena, waiting for me in 2 1/2 weeks! My final handout is written and printed, but I haven't knitted all of that class's samples due to a little Knife vs. Thumb confrontation (Knife won). But I can pack those pieces in my carry-on, so all is not lost. I'm flying out in less than 2 weeks (I'm doing touristy stuff before SAFF this year- Biltmore, here I come!)!

So, you might think that I could sit back and relax now that the SAFF prep is (mostly) done. Nope. I believe I have mentioned that I'm working on a YA Fantasy- the first fiction I've written in about a decade. So far, my work has been sporadic (and, well, lackadaisical, as my fiction writing often is), but my agent has read the first chapters and wants more. Quickly. And in an inexplicable fit of enthusiasm, I agreed to have the first draft done by Dec 1. So things are going to be a bit crazy around here- given that I am only about 1/4 done with the book. It's gonna be interesting.

However, I should be free in the evenings to work on my hooked chair cushion (and to knit, as soon as my thumb heals enough to be able to do it without wincing at every stitch). It's coming along:

I think the sky is going to be some major boring hookwork- all that blue. But it'll be pretty. I may need to take a restraining stitch or two to reshape the upper yellow house window- it isn't exactly square (straight lines never were my forte).

 The back is almost as pretty as the front.

1 comment:

maxine said...

The window won't be square onse the cushion is being used so maybe not necessary to shange. And for the blue sky, maybe intermixing shades of blue to keep it interesting?