Saturday, December 3, 2011

Socks, and A Book Update

I finished the last pair of socks that MUST be done before Christmas. It's not that I don't have more knitting that I want to do, and it's not that there isn't more that I have to do after Christmas (we're delaying the SoCal Celebration until late January so we can have it in person), but as far as socks that I need to have finished and under the tree- this is the last pair. Woohoo!

Remember that I said I'd get back to you about whether Swan Song had a happy ending or not? Well, here's my verdict: I'm not ever going to know. I continued with the book for as long as I could, but McCammon piled on disturbing scene after disturbing scene after disturbing scene, and finally, I called it quits. I can read and enjoy dark- I mean, I love Dexter, after all. But there's a jolly sense of depraved humor about Dex and there isn't even a trace in Swan Song to help leaven the... well... I'm not going to put those scenes in your head. It's going to take me a long time to get them out of mine.

I'm not sure what I'm going to read next, but you can be sure it'll have some chuckles.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Although I Love, Love, Love your blog, I rarely comment. Had to today, though, to tell you that even if Swan Song disappoints you, you have got to read McCameron's book Boy's Life. It is my favorite of his by far. I don't know why more people haven't heard of it. I have read it several times, and it always entertains.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Okay Jan, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.