Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In between inaugurations and auditions




It's been hectic here, and I haven't gotten much done in the Recreational Knitting Department, though I am finally making real progress on my book proposal, which is a huge relief.


I did crochet 2 more doll ponchos for the doll friends of my Granddaughter's doll (am I loopy or what?). These are quickie projects good for using up 50 cent acrylic yarn purchased on vacation at Big Lots because, well, it was only 50 cents. Also for leftover Yarn Treehouse and Knit Picks yarns. And I cast on a leftover-yarn doll cardigan. I'm using the same numbers and measurements as the cardigan sweater in the Knit and Crochet Accessories booklet (the blue tweed one from a few days ago), but I want the stripes to match around the body, so I'm knitting fronts and back in one piece (working it sideways, rather than up and down). It's my own adaptation, but since I am using the template provided by the booklet (same number of stitches around, same decreases at the armholes, same neck shaping, same numbers of rows, just a different construction) it's not my own pattern, so I won't be posting it. This yarn is some of the heavier weight sock yarn that Knit Picks had a few years ago, and then discontinued. I knit hunting socks for all of my nephews and brothers in law with it, and had a bunch of little balls left- perfect for this project. I am in dire need of 10" size 3 needles (I'm getting a neck crink using the 14 inchers since I'm a prop-and-throw knitter), and plan to pick up a set or three when we go to Sioux Falls for a day trip tomorrow or Friday.




I have wine work to do today too- the muscat is ready for clarifying, and I think the blackberry melomel may be done fermenting as well. And tonight is AI- wahoo!

No comments: