Tuesday, January 6, 2009

one more try- the humans are dead




fingers crossed... (an approximation/condensation of the earlier post that was eaten by the Cyber Gods)




So, if you don't know why these little fellows are hilariously funny, or what the post title means, hie thee to the nearest Blockbuster and rent Season 1 of Flight of the Conchords. And then buy their CD. Or check out U-Tube for them. These fantastic little crocheted wonders were crafted by Geek Central Station (http://geekcentralstation.blogspot.com/2009/01/flight-of-conchords.html ), who I believe, did the Mythbusters dolls posted last year.


And if you're even marginally tempted to rent the 1981 movie adaptation of Peter Straub's Ghost Story- save your money and time. Despite a stellar cast (Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr, John Houseman, and Patricia Neal- though I would have gone with Janet Leigh as Stella), the movie turned a genuinely spooky story into a sub-par, ordinary ghost story (which it wasn't, despite the title). The movie stinks. period.


And though I'm not doing a lot of knitting at the moment (the next generation of copy edits for the sock book have arrived and they take priority), I did finish the first of the Freedom Spirit Aunt Helen Variation Variation socks. The texture shows up better than I thought it would, and the fabric is soft and cushy.


so, now I'm going to cross my fingers that this will post, and sing a binary solo: zero zero zero zero one, zero zero, oneoneoneone....

3 comments:

gayle said...

Encore! Encore!
I love the combination of texture and color in those socks. So very pretty.
I agree on the "Ghost Story" movie. I found myself wondering if they had actually read the book, or just had someone summarize the plot for them and winged it off of that.

Kathy said...

I don't think Hollywood knows how to interpret either Peter Strauss or Stephen King. Or maybe the books just defy transition to the big (or little) screen. Either way, I've been pretty disappointed.

Kathleen Taylor said...

agreed, gayle and Kathy. The book was so much better than the movie.