Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mitered Squares, again, some more

I felt well enough yesterday to accompany The Hub on a longish grocery run out of town, and lived to tell the tale (in fact, I am almost willing to say that I'm nearly feeling okay-- it's been awhile since I've been able to say that and pretend to mean it) (and there have been no leg cramps since I placed a bar of soap at the end of the bed. Coincidence? Mind Games? Possibly. Probably. I don't care).

As a result, we have Texas Caviar, Cranberry Jalapeno Relish, and Tapenade, all marinating in the fridge, waiting for the Thursday Blowout. As another result, I only wrote about 1/3 of the required words yesterday, so I need to double down today.

Before I hit the salt mines, here's the progress on the Mitered Square Hat.
The yarns used are all leftovers, all Twisted Fiber Arts Playful (the heavy fingering weight). The colorways as follows: Bottom Row: Netherfield (with some Scorched on the back), Row 2: Firefly, Row 3: Valkyrie, Row 4: Karma. I will probably put another row of squares on, and then join and pick up stitches for the brim. Stats so far: 19 st mitered squares, 14 squares per row

I'm thinking of adding a Mitered Square Workshop to my roster. It's a fun process, easy to learn, and it would be nice to have a couple of half-day classes (most of mine are all-day affairs). What say you all to that idea?

No comments: