Friday, October 5, 2007

Freebie Friday- Felted Beaded Mary Jane Slippers





These Mary Jane slippers are goofy and fun and really easy to make. They're knitted like ankle socks, with the faux strap cut after felting. You can needlefelt and bead the embellishments as shown, or make up your own design. This pattern is for ladies (medium width- though with felting, if you want them bigger, all you have to do is stop the felting process early), but you could adapt the notion to any child-size slipper felting pattern.

Click on the images to enlarge them, right click to save as a jpg. Print the pages in any graphics program. As always, please do not repost these pages, though you may link to them if you like.

13 comments:

Kat said...

Those are so fun!! Thanks for posting those!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thanks. They were great fun to design- I love going over the top once in awhile (maybe all the time)... heh...

Anonymous said...

HI........I live in Winner SD and have been looking for a somewhat "local" knitting blogger. There are lots of them out in the workd, but I like seeing one a little closer. I'll keep checking in to see what you're doin'.

Sandy........knitting alone in SD ....sigh

Kathleen Taylor said...

Hi Sandy! Great to find you!
If you make it to Aberdeen on the 2nd Friday of each month from September-May from 1:00-3:00 pm, my knitting group gets together at the Red Rooster cafe on Main Street. We meet next Friday- maybe you can make it our direction and pop in. We love visitors!

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing the your link on socknitters. These slippers are so cute! I like your blog!

rowena___. said...

OH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!! thank you very much for giving it.

Kathleen Taylor said...

You're all very welcome- most of the patterns I post here are ones that just didn't find a home anywhere else, and I figured there was no point in letting them just sit when others might enjoy them.

I am going to design some projects just for the blog too, which will be fun.

Michelle said...

Those are really cute. I bet my daughter would love a pair!

Ilix said...

Wow those are so amazing! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

These are amazing. I want to make myself some.

Cora

moosie said...

any tips for a baby size?

Kathleen Taylor said...

moosie, I haven't done any baby-sized felted things, but my book Knit One, Felt Too has a toddler slipper design (the Bunny slippers) that could probably be adapted to baby size (using smaller yarn and smaller needles, perhaps). The *mary jane* part is pretty easy- just cut an opening in the assembled, felted slipper.

You can probably check the book out from your library (on interlibrary loan, if your local branch doesn't have a copy), and see if those patterns will work for you.

Edith Schmidt said...

love these thanks so much for sharing this