Thursday, October 4, 2007

Magic 28 #5


I didn't get as many pairs of small socks knit for Afghans for Afghans as I hoped to (as part of the Magic 28 webring), but I did get 5 pairs finished. I added 2 pairs of mittens to the group, and mailed them all off this morning. I'll keep knitting socks, and either set them aside for the same charity, or find another one that wants wool socks (I know there are many).


As a side note, everything in this pic was hand-dyed, except for the solid teal on the socks (which was a Paton's yarn). I dyed the self-patterning yarns (on the mittens too) and the blue, and my friend Dana dyed the yarn on the variegated socks. The yarn for the solid mittens was spindle spun, and then overdyed after the mittens were knit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I think I found you through the designers yahoogroup. Anywho, I just wanted to plug another charity: CIC (Children in Common), www.childrenincommon.org. We make wool socks & sweaters/vests for the orphans in Eastern European countries (mainly Russia). We send items to a US address, but the items are actually hand delivered by families going over there to adopt a child. There's also a yahoogroup if you are interested! Drop me a line if you'd like to know more - anastaciaknits AT verizon DOT com

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thanks- I will do that. I've started another pair of socks already and I'm happy to have a destination for them.