Friday, October 26, 2007

Freebie Friday- Stranded Pumpkin Tam (companion to the mitts)







I didn't think I was going to be able to do a Freebie Friday this week, but I worked up a child-size tam to go with last week's stranded mittens. The universal comment on the first Freebie Friday tam was that it was too big (I knew it too, I felted my original a bit). I had recommended people drop down one size needles, from 7 to 6. For this tam, I used size 5 and reduced the number of rows in the first chart to make the tam child sized (with the same number of stitches). Though I didn't knit another sample, I'm pretty sure if you use size 6 needles and do about 8 more rounds on Chart 1, you'll have an adult size tam.






Click on image to enlarge, right click to save as a jpg.



3 comments:

Kat said...

I LOVE it!!
The mitts were great, but I have to have this tam.
Thank you!

mary jane said...

Sweet!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thanks so much!