Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thursday Tab- Special Wednesday Edition- Saalfield #2728 Girls of the West






























I'll be away from the computer for most of Thursday, so I thought I'd get the Thursday Tab uploaded a bit early this week.
I don't have any information on this set- it's Saalfield's #2728 Girls of The West. The clothes look to me like late 40's-early 50's(both the fashion, and the style of drawing), but though the dolls are meant to look early 50's, their style looks 60's (and the 15 cent price is a clue as well). I think maybe these clothes came from an earlier book and the dolls were redrawn for a reissue (often, the clothes and dolls were drawn by different artists).
Anyway, it's a great set, with 6 pages of gorgeous western-style clothes.
Click on the images to enlarge, right click to save each as a jpg. Print in any graphics program, dolls on card stock, clothes on plain paper.

No comments: