Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The perfect buttons


My packet of buttons came from The Button Drawer while I was gone over the weekend. When I opened the packet yesterday, I was a little disappointed. I thought the buttons were too small, and not the right color. Then I got the sweater out, and was amazed. Those buttons could not have been more perfect (which tells you how terrible my *eyeball sense* is). These are 1/2" green resin squares, and they are exactly what I had in mind (well, I had 4-hole buttons in mind, so I could cross stitch them on with contrasting thread, but these work fine too).


I still don't love the yarn, but I really love the finished Folkloric Blocks sweater.
BTW- I cannot speak highly enough about The Button Drawer. Their prices are reasonable, their selection is amazing, there is no minimum order requirement, and they have lightning fast shipping.

No comments: