Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Tab- Whitman Bridal Cut-Outs #1966, 1965



My but they were bendy back in 1965. And there is *something* about men in white undies and black knee-socks that just... makes me giggle.
Bridal sets were a staple in the paper doll universe. You get pretty ladies in beautiful dresses, and accompanying men (sometimes with no outfits), and usually an adorable little girl in ruffles. It's win-win-win.
This set is particularly nice- the covers are beautifully drawn, and each of the 6 dolls has a page of clothes (though it's not one of those books with pockets to hold the dolls and clothes). It was published by Whitman in 1965.


Click on images to enlarge, right click to save. Print from any graphics program, card stock for dolls, plain paper for the clothes.

















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I had this exact same set of paper dolls when I was growing up!!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Isn't it fun to get a blast from the past like that? I remember the first time I saw a set from my childhood- it brought all of the fun back!