Saturday, January 19, 2008

Brrrrrrrisk

It was -20 at 9:00 am, ladies and frozen germs. That's twenty degrees below zero, Fahrenheit. And that's without wind chill, which added (or subtracted) a good ten degrees. It's cold enough that if your car stalls on the highway, you'd better stay in the car and wait for rescue, rather than walking a mile to the nearest farm house, unless you want to end up a corpscicle. It has since warmed up to a relatively tropical -14, but that's still chilly enough hunker down inside with a cup of cocoa and a lap full of wool. Which is what I intend to do.

I hope you're all warm and cozy too.

3 comments:

Ewe-niss said...

Holy Crap! Gee we are balmy then at 11. You can keep the cold over there, please. :-)

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I'm joining you. It's just as dang cold in my area of South Dakota!

Anonymous said...

I second the Holy Crap!!!
It's 20 here in Maryland today. But I just can't deal with cold. I'm making tea and constantly moving. I'm afraid if I sit still for too long, I might freeze. And I don't want to be a corpsicle!