Monday, January 7, 2008

Yarn Recommendation- Decadent Fibers




I've been using the wonderful yarns with the yummy names from Decadent Fibers for awhile now. I used Creme Puff Bulky (80% Merino, 20% Mohair) yarn for some of the projects in I Heart Felt (coming out next month!), and I used Lifesavers Mohair boucle (78% Mohair, 13% Wool, 9% nylon) and Cotton Candy brushed Mohair (78% Mohair, 13% Wool, 9% nylon) in a shawl for an upcoming shawl ministry book to which I contributed. I used their worsted weight Cookie Dough (80% Merino, 20% Mohair) for the socks featured in Storey's 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders.



I love love love all of their yarns- the hand-dyed colors are fantastic, the yarn is so soft I just want to sleep in it, and it knits up beautifully. I made myself some socks from their Pulled Taffy (50% mohair, 45% Merino) and love them. Pulled Taffy is listed as a DK weight yarn, and I'm sure it would knit up just fine at that gauge, but for socks I used 3.0 mm needles (the big size 2) and 56 sts and the pair came out warm and comfy.

All but a couple of the luxury yarns come in 8 oz hanks, and around 500 yds, plenty enough to make at least 1 pair of socks (and 2 if the 2nd pair is smaller). They're all hand dyed and the colors are much richer than my scanner shows.

Check Decadent Fibers out: http://www.decadentfibers.com/


(the pictures are: Pulled Taffy- the blue and earth tones skeins; Cookie Dough the purple/blue/green skein; my Socks from Pulled Taffy- they're a different colorway than the yarn in the other pic. The socks have *hotter* colors)