Friday, January 25, 2008

Freebie Friday- Winter White Tam











I've mentioned Decadent Fibers yarn here before, and this week, I'm featuring their wonderful Marshmallow yarn in the Freebie Friday pattern. Marshmallow is a lovely blend of Alpaca and Merino- it's so soft that I want to nap on it. I used their natural undyed yarn for this pattern, but Chris and Pat will also dye Marshmallow in any of their fantastic colorways.

You can make two Winter White tams with one skein of Marshmallow. Go to the Decadent Fibers website and check out their fantastic yarns:


This tam is fun to make- just simple knit and purl textured motifs, for a soft and gorgeous hat.
Click on the 2 pattern pages to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs, print from any graphics program.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful hat, you are truly talented! Thanks for sharing... it's perfect for my adult daughters. I appreciate your generosity.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a suggestion on how to care for an Angel Hair Scarf. It is 22% wool 50% acrylic and 28%nylon. It also has static wich is not good of my grandsons cochlear. The lable says wash with like colors....Can you Help?..

Jan said...

Thank you Kathleen! Beautiful as always! Jan H (felixsisknits on Ravelry)

Kathleen Taylor said...

#4- If the label on the yarn says *superwash* or felt resistant, you can wash the scarf in the washing machine. But to be on the safe side, run a sink full of warm water, and squirt in some soap (dish soap works, so does whatever liquid soap you have on hand). Soak the scarf in the water for awhile (or until you remember it's in the sink), drain the water. Run a sinkful of warmish clean water, and soak the scarf again (for awhile, overnight if you forget it... heh). Drain, squeeze the excess moisture out (you can also spin the scarf out on the spin cycle of your washer, as long as your spin cycle doesn't also spray water). Smooth it flat on the top of the washer and dryer, and let it air dry.

Ince the label says *wash with like colors*, I suspect the colors will run, so wash it by itself.


This is how I wash all of my handwash socks and sweaters.

As far as the static goes, I don't know what to do. Maybe an anti-cling spray will help.

Anyone have any suggestions for #4?

Weird said...

This is such a wonderful hat, I really have to give it a try. I think it would look great on my dad if I chose a different colour. Hope I'll be able to do it, I'm still not too advanced when it comes to knitting...
Thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers,
Weird