Friday, January 4, 2008

Freebie Friday- Guest Designer- Genevieve's Felted Purse







I taught my daughter-in-law how to knit about 4 years ago. She's a young mother, works full time, and is getting her doctorate, so she doesn't have much time for knitting these days. But over Christmas, she had a notion to make a small felted purse (her first felted project) with needlefelted embellishments. She asked for my advice, but she designed the project herself. The purse turned out so beautifully, that she made 2 more in quick succession. And she gave me permission to post her pattern.

The finished size of this little purse will depend on your yarn, your felting, and what size you want it to be (there will likely be a hunk of felt trimmed from the length that you can use for other projects). It's a super easy pattern, good for beginning knitters/felters as well as those who are more experienced and looking for a quickie gift.
Click on the images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs, print from any graphics program.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Kathleen, I received my book "Yarn to Dye for" yesterday in the mail. I love it. Thanks so much.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That pattern is exactly what I've been looking for... I have a small leather bag on a long handle that I'd like to replicate, and this is as close as I've seen!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Wahoo, Jennifer! Enjoy!

jenni- I love this pattern too. Genevieve did a marvelous job of putting the purse together.