Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thursday Tab- Saalfield Pre Teen Paper Dolls, N3941






















Yeah, I know it's still Wednesday, but I'll be gone most of tomorrow, so I thought I'd upload these tonight. This set is interesting- the very Betsy McCall-ish clothes are obviously from the late 50's-early 60's (this is what I wore in grade school) but the dolls have been redrawn, with 70's poofy hair. It looks like there should be 3 dolls (with the girl on the cover being a part of the set), but there are only clothes for the 2 on the back cover. My guess is that the original book had 3 dolls and more pages of clothes.

Anyway, I love lots of separates in a paper doll set- mixing and matching all those tops and skirts/shorts makes for a lot of different outfits.
P.S. My friend Peggy, who often knows all about paper dolls, says that this book is, indeed, a reprint, of the boxed set #6169 "3 Darling Dolls With Real Wavy Hair" . I will look to see if I can find scans of the original dolls- and maybe the missing clothes for the 3rd doll.

Click on images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs, print from any graphics program, clothes on plain paper, covers on card stock.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Thank you Kathleen - beautiful condition and very pretty!
Jan H

Anonymous said...

I had this exact paper doll set in the 1970's. It was one of my favourites. I think it was a reprint from the 50's - I remember even at the time loving the cool retro clothes. My 70's reprint definitely only had 2 dolls in it. I always thought there should have been one more too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kathleen - I have been looking for paper dolls to make for my granddaughters and these are beautiful.
Kate