Friday, April 8, 2011

we apologize for the interruption in our regular service...

They say that you learn something new every day. Yesterday, I learned that twenty 5-30 second power outages in a single hour, will play hell with your modem/router. I also learned how quickly I exhibit actual physical anxiety symptoms when I'm suddenly without internet access.

And another thing I learned, is that Netgear wants $99 in order to help me reconfgure an 18 month old router, which ain't gonna happen. I am at the Red Rooster (it's Knitting today), stealing their internetz right now. I'll see if I can find online instructions for reconfiguring the router myself. If not, I'll buy a new one (if it's Netgear, I'll get free tech support for installation, if it's another brand, I'll still get tech support for installation).

Either way, I hope to be back in business tonight, at which time I will post my AI recap. To hold you over: Seeya Pia!

4 comments:

Mara T said...

I was shocked and disappointed not to see an AI recap on your site this morning. I enjoy your recaps/reaction so much. Sometimes I wait and watch the video recap of the show online and read your blog at the same time. Your comments are always spot on. Sounds like I have no life, but I promise I do.

Good luck with your router.

Mara

Anonymous said...

Hope you get it fixed soon... I want to read your AI recap!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you can get a brand new router for less than $99.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure you can get a new router for less than $99!