Sunday, December 9, 2007

Magic 28, #12 and 7 sets of warm feet




Those last couple of pairs were slow coming (I've been distracted by hand coverings), but I finally met my personal challenge of 12 pairs of Magic 28 (link on the lower right side of the main blog page) socks before Christmas. The first 5 pairs went to Afghans for Afghans. The last 7 pairs are going to Children in Common for orphanages in Russia. (http://www.adoptionstogether.org/common/index.asp) .
Pair #12 is made from Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes.
My next charity knitting will be black socks for Socks for Soldiers, but I'll keep on knitting small socks for the children's charities as I can.

2 comments:

Manise said...

Hi,
Found you via Ravelry. Great spidey mitten pattern! There's a charity called Soaring Eagles that are looking for mittens and slippers if you have extras or would like to contribute. Here is the link: http://soaringeaglesproject.blogspot.com. They are short of their goal this year. Thanks, Manise

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thank you for the link- I try to do some charity knitting all year long, so I'll check Soaring Eagles out.