Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crazy Time

Sorry for missing yesterday's post. I'm heading into the homestretch on the MG Fantasy revisions (which have to be done and to my agent by Monday). All of the neurosis and panic that I didn't feel when I finished the first draft, I'm dealing with  now. Trust me, it's not pretty.

Ad I habe a code...

But, Ms American Idol Doofus Blogger, you say, didn't you just get over two  months of bronchitis/pneumonia? Aren't you just now getting back to a full workout? Haven't you paid your Winter Illness Dues in full?

To which I mutter, Yeah,[honk] I sure would have thought so.

The big worry is that we're leaving for SoCal in just a little over two weeks, and I do not want to travel sick again. But, this looks and feels like a regular cold. If any symptoms get worse, I will hie mysel' to a doctor.
 I did finish a pair of socks. This pair isn't made of leftover yarns, though they certainly qualify as stashbusting. This stuff is Knit Picks Parade, the sportweight superwash sock yarn that they experimented with (and discarded) a few years ago. I have a few balls of it, and it's fun to knit with because it uses slightly fewer stitches and slightly larger needles (56, 3mm) than my usual sock pattern. These aren't going in TBTO'KT because they're heading to their real home next week.
These socks (which will also go to their home next week) are sort of leftover socks. I had full balls of each of these yarns, but in the size that I'm knitting, I need 3 balls of Parade for a pair. So I'm mixing the stripes, and I'm pleased with the results. I suspect Future Owner will be happy too.

Today, more chapter revisions (just 4 left, but they're the hard ones), and tonight is American Idol... and of course, lots of sneezing and sniffling. It'll be a busy day.

1 comment:

Marianne Sanders said...

Got your book Fearless Fair Isle Knitting. Knew it was the one for me when I saw some of your advise about corrections including using a permanent marker.......LOL!!! I am waiting for yarn to make the Prairie Earth cardigan - Knitpicks doesn't have daffordil, snickerdoodle or painted desert so I picked substitutes. I am just dying to get it started! Thanks for a great book!