Friday, August 21, 2009

Field Report, More Bragging and More Appearances
















It hasn't been hot this week, in fact I had to turn the pool heater on in order to swim laps, but the soybean pods are starting to fill out anyway. The plants are about waist high on me (I tried to get my foot in one shot for a little perspective). The grasshoppers haven't been too terrible yet, so the leaves are in pretty good shape.


I've been shamelessly bragging lately, and there seems to be no reason to stop now.
My self-striping, handspun socks are featured in Interweave's All New Homespun Handknit (http://www.amazon.com/All-New-Homespun-Handknit-Projects/dp/1596681446/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250862073&sr=1-1 )! I haven't seen the book itself yet, but my copy should arrive any day. The promo pictures sure are pretty, and my socks turned out exactly as I envisioned them (you'd be surprised how rarely that happens in designing). BTW, I got the roving from Decadent Fibers (link in Stash Enhancers).

My calendar is filling up with September and October appearances for The Big Book of Sock Knitting (which is popping up in stores all over). On Saturday, October 3, I'll be signing/yakking/knitting at the NDSU Bookstore in Fargo, ND, from 11:00am-1:00pm, and then again at Prairie Yarns, also in Fargo, from 2:00pm-5:00pm. I really enjoyed my last visit to both of these stores and am very much looking forward to the next one.

And just for pretty- here are some rocks along the railroad tracks in front of my house.

3 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

You just keep right on bragging, it's good to see things going so well for you!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely.

Mary Keenan said...

Yay - two books I must get immediately!! The socks look just gorgeous and I'm so excited about my own Decadent Fibers being in the mail - thanks so much for that tip :^)