Saturday, August 1, 2009

Countdown to the Summit







The days are ticking off, and since I'll be arriving in Portland a couple of days early for some Serious Girlfriend Time, I've already started to pack and organize. My Summit homework is done, my plane knitting is ready (the Koigu cable socks), my book for just in case they confiscate my wooden needles (The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan, with whom I shared a panel at a mystery convention a few years ago. He was doing just fine with adult mysteries then- he's doing pretty well now with the YAs...)(that's an understatement, btw). I started reading the book with Voracious Reader, who took it with her when she moved to SoCa, and I want to know how it comes out. I'll have to buy all 5 books for that, I think. And see the movie.

I've finished 4 pairs of Sock Summit Socks- one new pair to wear each day, though it will likely be far too hot for socks of any kind. If nothing else, I'll cart them around with me to show off (if there ever was a place for whipping socks out for others to ooh and aah over, this is it). The teeny sock is made from handspun, and I'll pin it to my shirt, as a sort of Ravelry shout-out. I don't expect to see anyone on the Minneapolis to PDX leg wearing one since I'm arriving early, but once I get to Portland, I bet they'll pop up everywhere.

I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. 3 days from now, I'll be back in Oregon. And this time, I am going to buy yarn. woohoo!

2 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

The socks are all stunning... but the mini sock!!! It's so adorable!!!

Have fun - I so wish I could be there too...

Kathleen Taylor said...

I wish you were going too, Maire.