Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blast from the Past- Cross-Stitch Plus Sept '92, Children from the '20's Sampler

Cross stitch designs with detailed fashions on people with no faces was a sort of signature of mine, back in the day. I'm still fond of this sampler (combining two loves) that appeared in Cross-Stitch Plus in September of 1992.

I don't know if this one is down in the basement in a box somewhere, or if I gave it away. The colors are dated now, but I still like the design.


I used magazines and catalogs from the era for the clothing designs






The front cover



and the back cover

1 comment:

Carolyn McNeil said...

I love the old patterns and designs. As far as the dated colors are concerned, they may be dated now, but will probably come back in style. Everything always does...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…