Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I never promised you a rose garden...











... aaaah, Lynn Anderson, where have you gone...





Anyway, I finished up the 2nd bobbin of the hand-dyed Rose Garden merino roving last night, and plied the skein. I decided just to let the colors develop as they wanted, and that was a good decision. The yarn came out beautifully- 2.2 ozs, 216 yds (about 100 yds per ounce! I rarely spin that fine or light- this yarn is definitely fingering weight). I was going to start spinning the freshly processed Cormo next, but I think I'll finish up the Rose Garden first. I have about 3 ozs left, so if I keep to the same size and weight singles, I'll have plenty enough for a lace scarf when I get done.

4 comments:

Cara said...

That is gorgeous! I'm so glad it worked out well for you.

Anonymous said...

absoulty beautiful...... I hope my spinning gets that good someday..

Ellen

Kathleen Taylor said...

thank you cara and ellen- I'm really pleased with how this yarn came out. I don't often get my singles that fine and even. I think it'll do well in a lace project.

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Oh my, that yarn is stunning! I am always amazed to look at the "before and after" pictures of fleece to yarn! Here is a link for an interesting scarf that might work well with your yarn - check out the Vertical Drop Stitch Scarf:
http://blackbunnyisknitting.blogspot.com/