Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Tab- Watkins & Strathmore Teen Time, #1818-A, 1963




































































Whatever else you can say about this great set, you have to admit that the boy looks like a regular kid (as opposed to most of the men and boys in paper doll sets, who look like they were drawn by someone who had never seen an actual male, much less interacted with one). This boy, and I shall call him Moon Doggie, looks the High School Seniors did when I was in the 6th grade (which might explain my nostalgic fondness for this set).

These dolls are well drawn, and the period outfits are good. This book is probably a later reprint, with fewer pages of clothes. The first 4 pages are scans of uncut pages, the rest are scans from someone's cut set, though unfortunately I don't remember who sent them to me. If you're out there, generous paper doll sharer, let me know and I'll give you full attribution.

click on images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs, print from any graphics program, clothes on plain paper, covers on card stock.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thank you Kathi! I love this set.
Jan H