Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Tab- Saalfield #1958 Outdoor Dolls, 1941






















This book is obviously a reprint- it has 14 dolls and only 4 pages of clothes. The outfit breakdown is odd- J, P and T have 3 outfits each. A, R, and I have 2. S, H, N, O, K, M and E have only one apiece. And poor little C has none at all. I'm sure these dolls and clothes were part of a much larger set originally. This version was published in 1941, it's Saalfield's #1958 Outdoor Dolls. The artwork looks a lot more mid-30's to me, and I expect that the first set was published closer to that time.

Click on the images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs. Print from any graphics program, covers on card stock, clothes on plain paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theri wardrobes are always more stylish then mine. I am so frumpy!

Jan said...

The clothes are scrumptious... Thanks Kathi!
Jan H