Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Discipline




I am done knitting socks for the book (for the moment, at least), and since my granddaughter is visiting, I do my computer/text/writing work either early in the morning or late in the evening (until that last crunch, when it'll be nonstop). That leaves a large chunk of my day when I can theoretically knit whatever I want.


What I want to knit is some Twisted Fiberarts socks (despite this yarn's rarity, I've managed to acquire 7 skeins, and have 3 more coming), and I want to start 2 stranded sweaters for myself (Alice Starmore's Oregon in Knit Picks Palette- the new heathered colors work perfectly; and my handspun stranded sweater, which has a chart almost ready to go).


But what I am actually doing is finishing up 2 pairs of socks that I already started: the So Far Away socks (spun with roving from Yummy Yarns) which are almost 3/4 finished, and a pair of Colinette Jitterbug socks that have been on the needles since February; and an original stranded sweater that I began last November (before the book contract offer came through) which may end up being my first *for sale* pattern. I may not get the stranded sweater totally done, but I'm going to make some visible progress, and the socks will be finished before I even wind any more yarn.

Aren't you impressed with my steely resolve in the face of irrisistible yarn urges? I know I am. Or I would be if I wasn't going to blow knitting off altogether, and go swimming instead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,

LOVE the knitting below the sock today. What is it? Just lovely!

Charlene Schurch

Karen said...

Oh, wow...the stranded sweater looks stunning! I can't wait to see the rest.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Charlene, that's the body of a sweater that I designed and am knitting with Rowan Scottish Tweed. I am almost done with the body (that's an old pic- it's another 6" longer now).

Karen- thanks! I really love this pattern and hope the finished sweater comes close to the *vision* I had when I designed it.

joannamauselina said...

The sweater is beautiful. You don't need to bother with Alice Starmore. I may be your first customer. Joanna

maxine said...

The sweater is absolutely a stunner. I can totally see the chart as a stranded cute grrl bag.

Inspiring!