Saturday, July 12, 2008

Twisted Fiberarts Big Yarn Club


My first installment of the Twisted Fiberarts Big Yarn Club arrived this morning, and I am so excited. The yarn is dyed in a style called Evolution (my book Yarns to Dye For has a similar style, called Graduated Color Band), where colors slowly mutate throughout the skein (not in regular repeats). The colors are fantastic- so rich and beautiful: from deep pink, through brown, through mottled greens, through blue. The colorway is called Floozy, and the yarn is Buxom, a bulky organic Merino. It's incredibly soft and gorgeous. Oh yeah, and it's an exclusive colorway, so if you're not a club member, you can't have any. neener neener.


This ball is 90 yards, and at first I was worried that I would not think of anything to knit with that amount of yarn, but I stumbled on some bulky lace hat patterns through Ravelry, and knew that was the way to go. I worked out an original chart, and I've already cast on, and am knitting a lace hat, dotted with my own lampwork beads. If the pattern comes out okay, it'll be the first Freebie Friday pattern in a long time (to be posted next Friday- you'll all know in advance, because I'll post the finished hat. If it turns out.)


So, back to the needles.

3 comments:

Cathy-Cate said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh!

Now I'll really be stalking the mailman (mailwoman!)

WOW!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, and already getting ideas myself....

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is a lovely little cake of yarn. I cannot wait to see what you do...and what I do!

Karen said...

I'm just going to sit here and sulk until I can have some, too!
Actually, I've begun stalking the Twisted site...will let you know if I have any luck.