Monday, July 21, 2008

Stick a Fork In Me
















Not that I am ever *done* with a book- I get questions weekly about my mystery series (which ended- maybe temporarily- in '01) (and the question is, mostly, when are you going to write another one?), I get frequent questions about all of the knitting books. Hell, I get comments about paper dolls that were published in the 80's. And there is a lot of work left to do on the sock book- rewrites (there are sure to be some), copy edits, proofing, and probably more knitting. But for right now, I am done.

The last few socks were sent over a week ago, and the last of the text goes out this morning.

I am done.

Well, not totally- I have another immediate deadline (a project for a compilation book to be published by Interweave), but I have two whole weeks to write up one project. It'll seem like a holiday.

In the meantime, I finished 2 pairs of socks: the So Far Away handspun socks (BFL, 3-ply, from Yummy Yarns), which turned out beautifully. The closeup does the best job of showing the fantastic colors. And a pair of Purl When Ready (with the black chosen for purling) socks from Colinette Jitterbug yarn (which is wonderful yarn, btw).

Finally, last night I wound my first Twisted Fiberarts sock yarn- I chose Karma (in Playful- a superwash merino yarn), a mutating variegate in wonderful shades of green. And I wound the bulky Rust Bucket handspun yarn- I found some gray Romney handspun in my stash that is about the same weight (though you can see how my spinning and plying have improved) and wound it, just in case there wasn't enough Rust Bucket for a hat. I can't wait to cast on.

But first, I need to go over that chapter one more time, and get it on the way.

Then I can collapse.