Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jiggety Jig











I'm home again- back on the plains, where you can see the vehicles, weather, and wildlife coming at you. It's an amazing 77 degrees here (as opposed to Portland, where it is 105 today. I was in Portland once when it was 105, and lemee tellya, that is a miserable temperature to endure while in Portland). I am selfishly hoping that the West Coast gets this nonsense out of its system before I fly back out, next Tuesday. Lord, I'm flying back out next Tuesday. I'll barely have time to unpack and reacclimate.

At any rate, we had a most wonderful and amazing vacation, and I came home to find an advance copy of The Big Book of Socks, waiting for me. It's even more beautiful than I thought it would be. More advance copies should be available at The Summit (in 10 days!!!), and I expect to sit in at the booksigning there (Note: I'm tired. I typed booksinging three times before I got it right).

It's almost too chilly to swim laps, but I've only been swimming twice in the last 2 weeks. Despite running every day, I suspect I've gained about 5lbs, though I'm not going to step on the scale until tomorrow morning. I should go swim right now, but I think I'll take a nap first.


Thanks for hanging in there with me, on the journey. I am happy to report that the little mini computer performed extremely well. I'll be taking it along to the Summit, and to SAFF in October.

So, for a week anyway, we now return to our regular broadcast.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I've enjoyed following your road trip!

Elaine said...

Glad your home safe and sound. As much as I don't want summer to be over, I can't wait to get your new book! I ordered it as soon as it popped up on Amazon!