Friday, September 14, 2007

Freebie Friday- Niblet Socks




To save this pattern- click on the thumbnails to enlarge them. Then right click on the image, save it as a jpg, then you can print the page in any graphics program. Do this with both pages. I tried to reply to everyone who asked in the comments, but a couple of the e-mail addresses wouldn't work. So I hope everyone sees this. Thanks for all the requests!
This yarn was dyed by my friend Betty, and I don't know if she has any left, but the colors look like a drying cornfield to me- the perfect East River (Eas Triver, in the local parlance) fall colors because while we don't get much red here, we do get plenty of gold and fading green. I decided to knit heavy socks with a sort of *corn* texture (a blend of waffle and basketweave). I call these socks Niblets. They're quick to knit, very cushy and warm, and they'll be comfy in boots, sandals or with your slippers as the weather cools.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have this pattern, especially since it is a worsted weight sock. However, I am not able to see or copy the directions as it is listed on you blog. Could you email it to me or le tme know how I might take advantage of your generousity? slundquist@aol(dot)com

N. Maria said...

Oh, my, such lovely eye candy! Thank you so much for sharing. It's beautiful.

andrea said...

For the exact same reasons as Shelia, before my post, I would love to have this pattern. I "ditto" all of her remarks. Thank you so much!
dcmarina@verizon.net
Andi

Kate/Massachusetts said...

I hope this posts! It doesn't like me! Anyhow, Kathleen, I love the sock! Could you please send a printable copy to me as well? Thanks for sharing!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Hooray! It let me post!

You might be interested in this woman's toe/heel techniques. She wrote them in both German and English. Scroll down to 8/27 and 9/3. I love the look of both the toe and heel/haven't made them yet but they are in the queue!

http://trametes1971.blogspot.com/

Kathleen Taylor said...

I'll e-mail everyone individually, but here's how to save the pattern: click on the thumbnail of the pattern pages, right click and save the page as a jpg. Then you can print the page out in any graphics program. There are 2 pages to this pattern.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

What a generous thing to do! Thank you! Now off to see if I have a graphics program....

Donna

murdo said...

The pattern and colours marry so well!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I would love to try this pattern. It looks great - would you please email it to me. Thank you. danielrideout@nl.rogers.com

Kathleen Taylor said...

Daniel, all you have to do to get the pattern is click on the uploaded pattern pages, and save them to your computer. They're already available in the actual blog post.

Daniel said...

Hi there, I must have been asleep when I tried last time... sorry. Take care...

Faela Star said...

Just Curious if you've thought about making this a pdf download on Ravelry? I'm sure more people would make them if the could download it right off the site.
(I found this through Ravelry)

Kathleen Taylor said...

Yeah, it's on the list of *things to do*. On the other hand, I like driving traffic to the blog, because some of the people might look around at the other things here.