For my granddaugter- an intarsia project using up bits and pieces of sock yarns (mostly Knit picks- some hand dyed from another project, most left overs from socks). It turned out really well, but way big for her. She'll probably wear it when she's twelve. I just played with the design- using a different *wave* on each piece, and changing colors whenever the yarn ran out on a bobbin. The inside back of the body was a mess while I was knitting it- I should have taken a picture of it, with a new yarn every 10 sts for about 200 sts.
I knitted this set from Knit Picks Elegance (I think- alpaca and silk) for my daughter in law. It's an original design but I don't think I took notes when I made it so I have no idea how many stitches in any of the pieces (I think I used size 5 needles though). I'll include the chart, in case anyone wants to adapt it to a different project. (Okay, and I've tried to edit this post 10 times, but I can't get rid of the weird formatting at the side- sorry for the oddness).