Friday, September 28, 2007

Freebie Friday- Paper Doll Fair Isle Mittens, Child Size


I made these mittens for one of my granddaughters for Christmas last year. She loved them and wore them all winter. There are 2 variations- one with embroidery, one without (frankly, I think the one *with* looks a little like a string of aliens, but that tickled my granddaughter). If I was going to knit them again, I would choose shades with a bit more contrast (the light pink and dark pink sort of blend into each other). But otherwise, they came out just fine.

To print the pages- click on the image to enlarge it, then right click to save it as a jpg, then print from any graphics program. You may make as many of these as you want, you may sell the finished mittens, but please don't repost the instructions. Link to here so knitters can download their own copies. Thanks.













4 comments:

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Oh Kathleen, these are gorgeous! You design such beautiful patterns! Thank you for sharing!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Thank you so much. The Freebie Friday patterns have (so far) been patterns that just didn't find a home anywhere else, for any number of reasons. So I thought it would be fun to share them on the blog. I'm glad people are enjoying the patterns.

Anonymous said...

Kathleen -- I only get page 2 when I try to print. I can figure it out, but is there a page 1? And thank you very much for these.

elizabeth[dot]a[dot]durand[at]gmail[dot]com

Kathleen Taylor said...

Elizabeth- there are 2 separate pages to download. The first page is by the red text section. Page 2 (which is the one you have) is below it. You need to click on both of those images, and right click to save, and then print them out.

So sorry for the confusion.