Saturday, September 1, 2007

The thing about fingers...


...is that you just can't hurry. They're too small, the stranding too awkward, and the process too cramped to do anything but knit slowly. There's a beauty in slow knitting, the stitch-by-stitch progression as the pattern develops. But for a knitknitknitknitknit person like me, used to knitting a sock in an evening, spending all day working on 4- 3" tubes is a change.

However, the work is totally worth the result. This glove is not only pretty, it's soft and comfy and it's not too bulky for actual wear. Now I have to cast on the mate.

4 comments:

Marina said...

They're gorgeous, Kathleen. Love the colours you chose.

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Very pretty - what a wonderful job!

Unknown said...

Gosh, now that takes perseverance. Good work and well worth it.

Lorri said...

I just love your gloves . . . And your granddaugther's sweater too while I am at it. What is too small with the gloves? The fingers? I always need to knit my fingers longer. I can't wait to see what you are knitting next.